The STM32F427/437 lines offer the performance of the Cortex-M4 core (with floating point unit) running at 180 MHz while reaching lower static power consumption (Stop mode) versus STM32F405/415/407/F417.
Performance: At 180 MHz, the STM32F427/437 deliver 225 DMIPS/608 CoreMark performance executing from Flash memory, with 0-wait states thanks to ST’s ART Accelerator. The DSP instructions and the floating point unit enlarge the range of addressable applications.
Power efficiency: ST’s 90 nm process, ART Accelerator and the dynamic power scaling enables the current consumption in run mode and executing from Flash memory to be as low as 260 μA/MHz at 180 MHz. In Stop mode, the power consumption is 120 μA typical, which is 3 times lower versus the STM32F405/415/407/F417.
Graphics: As opposed to the STM32F429/439, the STM32F427/437 does not embed an LCD-TFT controller interface. However, it is possible to connect a display to the parallel or serial interfaces and still take full advantage of ST’s Chrom-ART Accelerator? graphics accelerator performing content creation twice as fast as the core alone. This graphics accelerator supports efficient 2-D raw data copy, as well as image blending or image format conversion (mixing and transparency). As a result, the Chrom-ART Accelerator boosts graphics content creation and saves processing bandwidth of the MCU core for the rest of the application.
- Audio: 2 dedicated audio PLL, 2 full duplex I2S and a new serial audio interface (SAI) supporting time division multiplex (TDM) mode
- Up to 20 communication interfaces (including 4x USARTs plus 4x UARTs running at up to 11.25 Mbit/s, 6x SPI running at up to 45 Mbit/s, 3x I2C with a new optional digital filter capability, 2x CAN, SDIO)
- Analog: two 12-bit DACs, three 12-bit ADCs reaching 2.4 MSPS or 7.2 MSPS in interleaved mode
Up to 17 timers: 16- and 32-bit running at up to 180 MHz
- Easily extendable memory range using the flexible 90 MHz memory controller with a 32-bit parallel interface, and supporting Compact Flash, SRAM, PSRAM, NOR, NAND and SDRAM memories
- Analog true random number generator
- The STM32F437 also integrates a crypto/hash processor providing hardware acceleration for AES-128, -192 and -256, with support for GCM, CCM, Triple DES, and hash (MD5, SHA-1 and SHA-2)
The STM32F427 and F437 product lines provide from 1-Mbyte dual-bank Flash to 2-Mbyte dual-bank Flash, 256-Kbyte SRAM and from 100 to 176 pins in packages as small as 7 x 7 mm. With such memory integration, the need for external memory is reduced, allowing smaller, safer and low-emission PCB designs.
Discover STMicroelectronics TouchGFX Demo running on new STM32H735G-DK, and learn more about the STM32H725/35 Graphics features.
MadeForSTM32? is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32? is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm? Cortex?-M-based microcontrollers.