The STM32F401 microcontrollers are part of the STM32 Dynamic Efficiency? device range. These devices offer the best balance of dynamic power consumption (in run mode) and processing performance, while integrating a high number of added-value features in packages as small as 3 x 3 mm.
The MCUs deliver the performance of Cortex?-M4 core with floating point unit, running at 84 MHz, while achieving outstandingly low power consumption values in run and stop modes.
- Performance: At 84 MHz, the STM32F401 delivers 105 DMIPS/285 CoreMark performance executing from Flash memory, with 0-wait states using ST’s ART Accelerator. The DSP instructions and the floating point unit enlarge the range of addressable applications.
- Power efficiency: ST’s 90 nm process, ART Accelerator and the dynamic power scaling enables the current consumption in run mode and executing from Flash memory to be as low as 128 μA/MHz. In Stop mode, the power consumption can be as low as 9 μA.
- Integration: The STM32F401 portfolio provides from 128 to 512 Kbytes of Flash, 96 Kbytes of SRAM. The available packages range from 49 to 100 pins..
- ??3x USARTs running at up to 10.5 Mbit/s,
- 4x SPI running at up to 42 Mbit/s,
- 3x I2C,
- 1x SDIO,
- 1x USB 2.0 OTG full speed,
- 2x full duplex I2S up to up to 32-bit/192KHz,
- 12-bit ADC reaching 2.4 MSPS,
- 10 timers, 16- and 32-bit, running at up to 84 MHz
Discover STMicroelectronics TouchGFX Demo running on new STM32H735G-DK, and learn more about the STM32H725/35 Graphics features.
MadeForSTM32? is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32? is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm? Cortex?-M-based microcontrollers.
Recommended for you
STM32F4 Access lines: Entry level and still an F4!
The STM32F4 Access lines are made of STM32F401, STM32F410,STM32F411, STM32F412 and STM32F413/423 devices. They are the entry-level STM32F4 microcontrollers for cost-conscious applications requiring performance, energy efficiency, integration and connectivity.
Access lines, but still with performance and power efficiency:
- Performance up to 100 MHz/ 125 DMIPS with dynamic efficiency down to 89 μA/MHz in Run mode
- ST's Adaptive Real Time (ART) accelerator allowing zero-wait execution from embedded Flash memory
- Batch Acquisition Mode (BAM) for Always-on data collection, even when the core is stopped, and dynamic power scaling
- Low-power digital microphone interface for acquisition of up to 6 microphones
Access lines, but still with high integration and compactness:
- Wide memory choice from 128 Kbytes of Flash memory / 32 Kbytes of RAM up to 1.5 Mbyte of Flash memory / 320 Kbytes of RAM
- Smallest Cortex-M4 based device available in the entire STM32 portfolio, down to 2.553 x 2.579 mm
Access lines, but still with rich connectivity:
- Up to 10 UARTs, USB OTG FS, 3xCANs, and up to 5 SPI/I2S interfaces
- LCD parallel interface, 8080/6800 modes
- Quad-SPI and FMC parallel interfaces supporting a large choice of external memory types
Note : To ease your upgrade from STM32F1 designs to STM32F4 access lines, refer to our application note AN4904.
Access lines, but still with a comprehensive development environment including:
- STM32F412 Discovery kit (32F412GDISCOVERY) combines STM32F412 features with color touchscreen, joystick, stereo MEMS microphones, external memory capabilities, full-speed OTG USB interface and more.
- STM32 Nucleo-144 development board (NUCLEO-F412ZG) with an STM32F412 MCU as well as Arduino, ST Zio and morpho connectivity provides an affordable and flexible way to try out new concepts and build prototypes.